How does the program work?
Using a strength-based approach, our team works with the job seeker, their families, and occupational therapists to create a personalized employment plan that focuses on people's needs and goals. The therapist is integral to the process by identifying:
- Accommodation needs
- Transition speed to employment
- Manageable number of work hours per day/week
- Necessary external supports to guarantee success
How does the program work with employers to ensure they are ready to hire people with disabilities?
To start with, we keep a database of existing employers who support people with disabilities. For new employers, we create awareness about the benefits of hiring people with disabilities, and the services available to help modify workplaces to accommodate special needs. Our team also sets up paid job trials, ensuring that both the employee and employer are happy with the fit. We also provide on-site support to help new employees be confident and able to successfully perform the work.
What organizations make referrals for Enhanced Services?
Currently, the list includes:
- CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health)
- Project Work
- Toronto Rehabilitation Hospital
- Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital